Toenail reconstruction is the restoration of a previously damaged nail. It is carried out by a qualified podiatrist for cosmetic purposes. The process of this treatment involves application of a number of layers of a special gel to the damaged nail or a portion of the nail. The gel used for toenail reconstruction is different to the gel used for acrylic nails. It is an acryl ester which is bonded to the permanently exposed nail until it grows out. Every patient is different, but most patients get around 6 weeks with their medical grade artificial nail.
Patients That Would Benefit From This Treatment Include Those With:
- Fungal Nail Infections
- Nails Damaged by Trauma
- Psoriatic Nails
- Thickened Nails
- Split Nails
- Corns Beneath the Nails
- Curved or Ingrown Nails
Many clients with damaged or infected nails are unsuitable for treatment in traditional beauty salons due to the risk of cross contamination. Using aseptic techniques and medical background, this treatment is a perfect option for patients who want an aesthetic look to their toenails while also having the underlying toenail pathologies treated at the same time.
Nail reconstruction can be used as simple instant cover-ups for unsightly nails. It is slightly flexible so it is less likely to break in shoes and it is shaped to properly fit the nail so it won't pop off like a false nail.
It can be used as a protective cover and cosmetic improvement while treating fungal nails.
Frustrated With Your Foot Pain?
- Not sure who to ask
- Not sure what to ask
Don't Worry We've Got You Covered
Fill In The form
And One Of Our Highly Qualified Team Will Call You To Talk About Your Specific Foot Problem
5 Reasons To Choose Foot Corner
- You Get Our Money Back Guarantee of Satisfaction. (If you’re not 100% satisfied with your appointment you don’t have to pay.) Terms & Conditions
- You Can Book Online 24/7 Right From Your Phone
- You Can Get A Late Appointment Or Seen On Saturday……No Need To Take Time Off Work.
- You Can Take Up Our Of Offer A Free Phone Consult With Our Podiatry Team Before You Arrive If You Are Unsure If We Can Help You.
- You Get Treated By Medics Who Specialise In Feet Only, So They KNOW Whats Needed To Get You Back On Your Feet.