What Are Orthotics?
Orthotics, also known as orthoses, are devices inserted into shoes to correct an abnormal or irregular, walking pattern. They range from felt pads to custom-made shoe inserts which allow people to stand, walk, and run more efficiently and more comfortably. While over-the counter orthotics are widely available and may help with mild symptoms, they normally cannot correct the wide range of symptoms that prescription foot orthoses can since they are not custom made to fit an individual’s unique foot structure.
Frustrated With Your Foot Pain?
- Not sure who to ask
- Not sure what to ask
Don't Worry We've Got You Covered
Fill In The form
And One Of Our Highly Qualified Team Will Call You To Talk About Your Specific Foot Problem
We have heard patients stories over and over again of patients with multiple Orthotics none of which worked. One patient had 12 pairs of Orthotics from various places and actually never needed any to begin with!
Most don’t know these facts;
- Pronation/flat feet is normal and usually does not require orthotics at all.
- Orthotics are usually not for life, in our clinic they are normally 18-36 months
- Orthotics do not have to be worn all day every day
- In England unfortunately most people handing out Orthotics have done a weekend course or none at all.
We firmly believe that…
Nobody Should Be Given Orthotics Unless They Really Really Need Them
We have made it our mission at Foot Corner to tell people like you the truth regarding orthotics
What Can Foot Corner Do For Me?
There are a number of steps we take depending on what issue your foot/feet are having
Step 1 - Comprehensive Foot and Ankle examination
Our experienced and knowledgeable practitioners will examine:
- Your foot and ankle range of movement
- Your joint alignment
- The biomechanics of the way your walk
- Your muscle strength and tone
To identify exactly what is causing your foot pain
Step 2- 3D Printed Orthotics
At Foot Corner, we use the latest technology to produce your orthotics. The 3D scanner allows us to prescribe devices, with a 0.5 mm precision, to the structure and pathology of the foot, considering the footwear and lifestyle of our patients.
Step 3 - Recovery
Each treatment aims to gently and progressively get your foot and ankle moving again without pain, as quickly as possible, to allow you to get back to normal and start doing the things you love.
We will give you a structured rehabilitation exercise program, to help break the cycle and prevent the problem from returning.
5 Reasons To Choose Foot Corner
- You Get Our Money Back Guarantee of Satisfaction. (If you’re not 100% satisfied with your appointment you don’t have to pay.) Terms & Conditions
- You Can Book Online 24/7 Right From Your Phone
- You Can Get A Late Appointment Or Seen On Saturday……No Need To Take Time Off Work.
- You Can Take Up Our Of Offer A Free Phone Consult With Our Podiatry Team Before You Arrive If You Are Unsure If We Can Help You.
- You Get Treated By Medics Who Specialise In Feet Only, So They KNOW Whats Needed To Get You Back On Your Feet.